We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Our Group
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders. That means we empower every team within the company to work quickly and autonomously, while at the same time maintaining compliance in all areas.
As a fast growing group, we’ve only scratched the surface of the insights we can provide, and our potential to influence Canva’s strategic decisions.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.What does our Planning and Reporting team do
The mission statement of the Planning & Reporting team is to be the guardians of the Canva 12 month rolling forecast and all financial reporting & associated processes. As the Canva business grows, there is a continuous need to understand the impact of our expenses to profitability and free cash flow. Being able to predict these accurately will help Canva to make better informed decisions.
Reporting to the FP&A Manager - Forecasting (located in Sydney HQ) this role will be an integral part of the Planning & Reporting team and will be responsible for leading the development of all OPEX forecasts, forecast consolidation, running month-end variance analysis and providing key financial insights to Finance leadership.
As our FP&A Analyst (OPEX) you will:
- Navigate ambiguity: Gather information and context from various Finance Business Partners, business updates and internal resources to familiarise yourself with the key drivers of our operational expenses
- Display operational excellence: Leverage multiple data sources to deliver high quality forecasts and insights
- Make complex things simple: Develop robust and flexible financial models that can handle rapid change, turnaround information quickly and support strategic decision making
- Deliver value: Continuously evaluate opportunities for enhancement of developed models in order to maximise effectiveness (e.g. identifying where, why and when a forecast is missed, and what we can do to improve our accuracy)
- Apply technical expertise: Development of models and analyses in both excel and Adaptive Insights
Who we’re looking for:
- An expert in their craft: You have strong experience in similar finance roles where you have built models from scratch. You are adaptable and have a strong appetite in learning new knowledge and context
- Master of bringing clarity to chaos: You will know how to operate and be successful in a high growth environment, and thrive on problem solving and dealing with ambiguity, willing to be hands-on and in the detail
- A team player and collaborator: You will work closely with members of the Planning and Reporting and Commercial Finance teams. You are always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues and share insights
- An excellent communicator: You will develop strong professional relationships, with your values and interpersonal approach being a metric of success for this role. You are able to concisely communicate key insights and takeaways through your work to both finance and non-finance leadership
We would love if you had:
- 3+ years of experience in a FP&A, modelling or data analysis role in a fast growing and dynamic environment
- Highly proficient excel skills, with a big focus on modelling
- Experience working in Adaptive Insights, or other system based planning tools
- Degree in Accounting/Finance with minimum CA or equivalent, or proven solid experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in developing business models from scratch
- The ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insights
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical analysis into compelling narratives
- Detail-oriented, well organised and understand the importance of data integrity
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts quickly
- A track record of taking ownership and excellent collaboration skills
- An open and flexible mindset showing adaptability with a self-starter attitude and initiative
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
As a part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product, growth and finance professionals
- Develop and grow in a dynamic role with the ability to make decisions that impact the development of the business
We recognise that every single person is unique and our workplace benefits aim to ensure we cater for all. Our benefits include: - Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance- Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Support Programs to help you be your best- Unique and flexible leave options so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development - An annual Vibe & Thrive Allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection- Virtual and in-office fitness and yoga classes, an onsite gym and breakfast and lunch prepared at our pet-friendly Sydney office by in-house chefs- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in- Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity, recognising the diverse representations of modern families and supporting work-life balance.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.