Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are searching for an experienced Product Designer to help lead the design direction and UX strategy for our homepage experience across our platforms (desktop to mobile, web to app). This includes defining and delivering a homepage experience that helps everyone grow and inspires action. Your sphere of ownership covers how our users:
Experience Canva when landing in the product for the first time: Inspire everyone to design with confidence by helping them discover Canva's capabilities.
Pick up where they left off: Create efficient workflows that reduce the barriers to design.
What you'll be doing
- Building the best-in-class homepage experiences. You’ll work closely with your team, developing Canva’s Homepage experience – empowering our users to understand the breadth of what Canva can offer as well as easily pick up where they left off. You’ll be responsible for leading the end-to-end product design process from problem definition through to detailed design.
- Vision and strategy. You'll help to define and articulate the product strategy and vision for the homepage.
- Research. You’ll deeply understand competitors, trends, patterns, best practices, UX design inspiration, and user and business insights.
- Collaboration. You’ll collaborate and build relationships with teams both within and outside of the Collaboration group to create a holistic and consistent collaboration experience across all touch points.
- Iterating. You'll gather findings to iterate through the use of research and data—we have a close relationship with our users which enables us to unearth valuable insights to improve their experience.
- Prioritisation. You’ll collaborate with your triad to ensure your team always prioritises the most valuable features.
You're probably a match if you have
- End-to-end product design experience. You have a track record of seeking complex problems and delivering simple, elegant solutions. You've designed and shipped products or features across various platforms. It's a bonus if you have experience designing collaboration experiences in teams and collaboration tools.
- Excellent visual communication skills. You love to communicate ideas and information that visually inspire, influence and tell a compelling story.
- A collaborative approach. You thrive when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Data Fluency. You love using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success.
- A Growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way!
About the Team
- This year the Home and Content Management group is on a mission to inspire everyone to visually communicate and stay organised. Our group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. We want to make Canva the tool that every team big and small wants to use to collaborate and communicate every day - from kindergarten to the workplace.
- So far we’ve launched a range of capabilities empowering teams and collaboration, but this is just the beginning of our journey. As the Product Designer joining the Homepage team, in the Home and Content Management group, you will help us drive towards making Canva a household name in every team.
But don't just take our word for it. Check out what Design Lead, Chen Zhang, has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing".
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.