We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Visual Content team
In the Visual Content team, our mission is to make beautiful design accessible for everyone. With millions of users using Canva everyday, this is an opportunity to redefine visual communication and have a global impact on the way people communicate across print, social media, video, brand, and so much more.
From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Template Design Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library.About Canva’s Launchpad Program
Launchpad is for career starters looking to lay the foundations for a successful, fulfilling and exciting career. Whether you’re fresh out of university, high school or looking to make a change early on in your career, we’ve crafted a 12-month professional development program that sets you, a Canvanaut Launcher, up with the skills and network you need to be successful at Canva (and beyond!). Alongside your Launchpad cohort, you’ll work on impactful projects, develop a network of Launchers and Canvanauts, and build foundations that will support you as your career takes off. It’s probably worth noting that this opportunity is a full-time, permanent position. We’re looking for the talent of tomorrow and the Launchpad Program is designed to support you in the first 12-months of your journey at Canva. Being a Canvanaut Launcher
Our goal is to upskill all of our Launchers for progression. We want you to reach for the stars and achieve amazing things throughout the year, so rather than grabbing coffees and making friends with the photocopier, we provide you with a structured program that is all about learning, building your professional network and taking on projects that will make a difference to Canva and our community. Throughout all of this, you will be supported by a Coach and a Buddy who will provide you with all of the support and guidance you need to succeed. Goals you’ll achieve Launchpad kicks off with Canva’s very own Blastoff Orientation Bootcamp (BOB), two weeks of tailored orientation to give you the Canva context and the confidence to navigate specialty tasks. From there, you’ll dive into a 12-month program that includes monthly:
Skills workshops hosted by our awesome teamSocial events and coffee dates with fellow Launchers and Canvanauts‘Sit-Down’ Events where you get to showcase your work and learnings
What you'll do
- Learn how to create beautiful and usable content on Canva
- Work on building strategies based on research and data
- Build your knowledge on layout designing hacks, tips, and other helpful information
- Working to come up with creative solutions to user needs
- Learn how to conduct creative research
- Begin to create and structure cohesive trend papers and project pitch documents
- Learn how to brief a range of creatives to build wonderful content for Canva
What we're looking for
- Graduating students / Fresh grads are welcome to apply.
- People transition into design from a previous speciality/occupation.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for design
- The confidence to try new things and a love for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work with a creative brief and direction to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Brings a great vibe to the team everyday
- A base understanding of design fundamentals.
What we'll do for you
- Flexible working environment with a strong focus on diversity.
- Chance to create the amazing content that will have an impact on users.
- Be a part of Canva's story and shape how we continue to grow.
- Work in an inviting culture that celebrates people from different backgrounds.
- It's a safe space where people can create work in a positive environment. No judgement, only learnings.
- Chance to learn from amazing designers and creative leads.
- Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance
- Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and
- Employee Support Programs to help you be your best
- Unique and flexible leave options so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
- An annual Vibe & Thrive Allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection
- Virtual and in-office fitness and yoga classes, an onsite gym and breakfast and lunch prepared at our pet-friendly Sydney office by in-house chefs
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
- Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity, recognising the diverse representations of modern families and supporting work-life balance.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love being part of. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every preference, to help you do the best work of your life. We recognise that every single person is unique and our workplace benefits aim to ensure we cater for all. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. Thanks for reading this far, we’re stoked you’re interested in joining our visual content team. To make your application stand out we would love for you to create and submit one of the following 1 pagers created on Canva:- Tell us about you and why you want to work at Canva.- Pick one of our brand values and tell us why it resonates with you.Please attach the link to your application, we can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Applications close on 15th November.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.